5.02.2012

Feelin' worn out.

The title says it all!  And it is making training very difficult.  I unfortunately ended up not going to Zumba last night, I just had too much homework to work on.  I was bummed about it but I knew I had a good reason to miss.  So today I did a four mile run with some weights and stretching afterwards.  I think tomorrow I will do some yoga and Friday will be my long run.  It's my weekend to work so I won't be getting in any major work outs. :(

My half is in about two and a half weeks so I'm getting down to crunch time!  Anyone have any tips and tricks to keep myself motivated??  I think right now it's mostly mental.  My body feels mostly capable, although today's run did feel a little odd.  Any runners out there ever run your routes backwards?  Try saying that five times fast!  That's a mouth full.  Anyways, I reversed my normal route and for majority of my run I just felt unbalanced or something.  I'm not sure?  It is much warmer today than it has been so maybe it's the weather.  Or me just being so tired.  Who knows, but I hope it passes.  And soon!

Another short post for today.  The homework just doesn't quit!  But first I must shower and enjoy some of my left over homemade chicken fried rice.  I must say, it turned out pretty well for just throwing a bunch of stuff together!  We had left over quinoa, some grilled up chicken breasts and spinach and mushrooms that needed to be used.  So yesterday I cooked up some eggs (like an omelette, but not folded), then sauteed the mushrooms and spinach, added the chicken, threw in the quinoa with some soy sauce and last but not least stirred in the egg.  A protein packed lunch perfect for after a run!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment