9.06.2012

School is in session!

I'm only a week in and I'm already exhausted!  This blog is all about balance though, so I will find a way to make everything work :)

I only have one class tomorrow so I just have one tiny piece of homework to worry about.  Which means I had time to cook!  David even got home in time to help.  It's always fun to cook together, the extra set of hands makes it seem like less of a chore.  We had extremely ripe tomatoes so we made some spaghetti with homemade meatballs and homemade sauce.  

yum. yUM.  YUM!


I had read over some old blog posts and found a cookie recipe I made back in April.  (You can find that post here.)  We have strong sweet "tooths" in this house so I decided to make them tonight for dessert.  Glad I did!  Except now they won't stop calling my name...Just say no, Ellen.  Just say no.

Earlier this week I decided to embark on a "veggie project" and so far it's going quite well.  We finally got our new batch of CSA vegetables so we're all stocked up.  In the meantime though, I had to get creative.  I've had fresh pumpkin in the freezer for almost a year now so I think it's about time that gets used up, huh?  Yesterday I had pumpkin oatmeal, which needs to be tweaked, it turned out pretty bland.  And today I made a pumpkin pie protein shake- which had a little too much flavor (I got a little cinnamon-happy).  So once I get those fixed I'll be sure to share recipes. :)

My second half marathon is coming up in just two short weeks!  I was feeling really confident up until last night when a friend and I tried an eleven mile run.  My stomach was upset and her knee was crippled.  We still made it a little over nine, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed.  Training is just so time consuming it can be hard to manage everything AND stay motivated.  That's why I have to just take one day at a time.
I realize this isn't the most exciting post, but as I've mentioned, I want to keep up with this blog.  Even if it means boring posts once in a while.  I promise, they won't always be like this.

Happy Friday Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment