4.21.2012

Kitchen therapy.

I work at a hospital and this weekend is my weekend on.  Even though I'm not a nurse or anything, my weekend shifts can be very draining and today was no exception.  Worse than usual actually.  I work in the food and nutrition department taking patients' orders over the phone, and today the computer program we use froze up.  It might not sound like much but I'm still fairly new in the department and this was the first time anything like this had happened.  Super frustrating.  Needless to say, I was ready to go home at the end of my shift.  Couch, pizza and pj's.  Perfect.

Yesterday I was craving some cookies but was too tired to make them.  David isn't home tonight so I decided to take advantage of my time alone and do some baking.  Plus I find it therapeutic.  I looked around online and came across these cookies.  I decided to give them a whirl.  I was intrigued by her secret ingredient.



The madness all mixed up.
Final product.
Dark chocolate, coconut and the secret ingredient!!






Photography is another passion of mine that I've kind of neglected lately.  I figure this blog is a good excuse to dig out the ol' Canon Rebel and snap some shots. 

...Just taste tested the cookies with some ice cold milk.  Two thumbs up!  I will definitely be making this recipe again.  I still have a few more batches to bake, so off I go.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment